Prawn, Zucchini and Basil Rice
Donna Hay - Issue 44 Apr/May

I'm not going to reprint this recipe because I feel like I've been doing too many Donna Hay recipes. If you want it, go buy her mag, or call me :) I think you might also be able to find it on her website....

To the photos:

Basil... from my herb garden!! I should have taken a picture of this while it was still in the garden but I wasn't thinking. My cinnamon basil plant was getting ridiculously big and I needed to use it before the evil caterpillars came back
p.s. basil is my favourite herb.... I love it. a lot.


Part of the recipe involves combining 200 g long-grain rice (I've used basmati), 400 g diced canned tomatoes, and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock. Then you cover and let sit for 20 minutes. After I took off my aluminium foil and stuck the prawns in there, it quite resembled a paella, except no scary cray fish antlers/eye stalks sticking out.




Let the prawns cook for 6 minutes and then top with... 1 zucchini sliced thinly, basil, and parmesan. num num num num! Even Hubs liked the prawns, and he doesn't like prawns. I don't usually eat "raw" basil either, it's usually mashed into a pesto when I eat it, or covered in pasta sauce, but this variety was really nice and sweet eaten naturally.

Comments

Popular Posts