Cookies

Listen hear, I like me some cookies. See below for pic of me enjoying a real, live, American oreo circa 1990. I wonder if they are double stuff? And yes, I had straight hair when I was little... random.

Now..... see below for picture of a THIN MINT that I bit into a few days ago. Here in Australia.


I've been on a hunt for these for a while since while I was trapped at college in the middle of nowhere, population 8,000, Illinois, I didn't exactly have girl scouts running around handing out boxes of cookies either. They are even more impossible to find overseas. Or so I thought. Enter: ebay. That's right. Apparently tons of Nanas bought a bajillion boxes to support Little Susie's girl scout troop and are selling them online for little profit (in most cases). So I'm finally able to enjoy some Thin Mints and Politically Correct Caramel Cocount Wonders or whatever they're calling Samoas now. thank god for the internet.

I was actually going to make some thin mint copies based off this recipe: Baking Bites Blog and I gathered all the ingredients but I couldn't be bothered to make and freeze cookies. I'll probably get around to trying them when my 2 boxes of thin mints run out. In any case, again, thank god for the internet and dupe recipes :)

Comments

Popular Posts