Where the Wild Things Are!

Oh excitement. I remember seeing this trailer a few months ago and thinking, "yesssssssss" but this time I actually remembered to look up the music and such when I got home.

Now I'm sure some of us 80's babies remember this one....



They are re-making Maurice Sendak's classic children's book Where the Wild Things Are into a movie! With monsters and real people, and if I can judge by the trailer a possibly awesome soundtrack. Weeee!


Where the Wild Things are - trailer

The trailer song is "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire, who I don't think I've ever listened to willingly before, but you can bet this song is going to take me to work and back today :) I love finding new music and movies to look forward to, no matter how silly.

Comments

Erin Maggie said…
Wow! How awesome is that? I don't know where you've seen the trailer for it, but I haven't seen it on Australian TV yet. I didn't know it was being made into a movie. But I am super stoked. It IS one my favourite books from my childhood. It probably runs a close second to Harold and the Purple Crayon. :-) Thanks so much for the heads up and also for the Arcade Fire mention. I'm loving it too! I will likely do a blog post about the upcoming film and I'll be sure to mention that I found it on your blog. :-)
DanYells said…
Saw the trailer at the movies actually! It said "coming soon" I believe so that could mean anything in terms of when it'll be out. Glad someone else is excited ! :)
Arizaphale said…
Excited but nervous. Will it translate???? Part of the book's beauty is in its language...how will they do that? I'm keen though.....
A Free Man said…
We saw this trailer at the Harry Potter film the other day and I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I loved that book growing up and the Arcade Fire song (one of my favorite recent artists) sold me on it.
DanYells said…
Arizaphale- I'm not sure :/ I might have to Amazon the book and read it again in preparation :)

A Free Man- I downloaded Funeral by them yesterday, I'm digging it.

Popular Posts