Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms with Chickpeas and Poached Egg













A Quick Veggie Dish:

Inspired by-
Shauna's Chickpea and Spinach Fry

olive oil and/or butter
1 clove garlic chopped
1 container sliced mushrooms
1 400g can chickpeas
1 bag fresh spinach
juice of 2 freshly squeezed mandarins
salt and pepper
poached egg

1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Lightly fry the garlic for a minute.
2. Add the mushrooms, and some slivers of butter to help them moisten. Wait until these are almost all the way cooked, then add the chickpeas and warm through.
3. Add the spinach and wilt down.
4. Add the mandarin juice, salt and pepper.
5. Top with poached egg.

Comments

Bridget said…
Thanks for your recipe. I was wondering if I was crazy to put a poached egg on my chickpeas and spinach and now I know I am not!

Popular Posts