I am an Electrical Bogan



I present you with my evidence. Now, this is a new set-up, and, hopefully, a short lived one, but here it is:

Exhibit A: The old-ass computer that has an "un-legit" version of Windows on it that prompts me every 3 minutes to turn myself in, or whatever. (Purchased by my husband, who swears he didn't know it wasn't going to have real windows on it even though he bought it under questionable circumstances, and even now a half-decade later is sad when I speak of it's eminent death in a less than solemn manner.)

This computer is on it's last legs. The internet also stops working every 15 minutes,with the only option being to reset, which is unappetizing.

If it doesn't die soon, I will kill it.

Exhibit B: My dearly beloved HP laptop. 3+ years old. With a 500+ repair bill due the screen just "not working" for no recognizable cause. Unwilling to pay that price, I realized that I have a "perfect" solution!

Exhibit C: Monitor from old-ass computer plugged into beloved HP: works great! Esthetics: Not pleasing. Functionality: internet better, doesn't shut off, but no more printing will happen in this room for a while as I can't be bothered to switch the monitor (or the printer cord) to and fro.

Exhibit D: I may, or may not, be eating some McVities chocolate covered, wheat containing digestive biscuits. Bogan? Perhaps not. Admissible evidence? Most definitely.

and finally, Exhibit E: my filing that's I've been hoping will disappear while I'm at work.

Comments

A Good Moroccan said…
I think your workstation needs more minimalism !
DanYells said…
I couldn't agree more! This room needs major work :)
Arizaphale said…
I missed this post! OK
1) Full marks for saving money and also initiate/creativity
2) Is that ALL the filing you have? meh.
3)You only have one USB connection on your laptop? Dude. Get a hub! Then you can have the monitor and the printer plugged in together!
4)the internet shuts off all the time round here too. We have a routine of unplugging the router...counting to 8 elephants...plugging it back in...last week Himself took it into work with the idea of checking it out. The propeller head IT boffin thinks there might be a wii or something next door working on the same frequency and causing the problem. Whatever. It seems better now he's set it on a different frequency. I feel your internet pain.
5) McVities! Yum.

Popular Posts