A bit about my week

So I went to the doctor last Friday, and was ordered to take this week off.

Our conversation went something like this:

Me: (States a list of complaints.)

Doctor: Right, you'll need to take next week off work and then we can reassess, and here's some medicine that's highly addictive, try not to take too much of it. Only 3 days worth in fact, and take 1 tablet instead of 2.

Me (Dazed and a bit puzzled, yet slightly amused) : Are you sure?

Doctor: Are you listening to me?! You're not going to work next week! And you're coming back to see me on Friday and I might do some blood tests! Shazzam!

Me: Yes, Sir!


So... I've had the entire week off work. I'd like to think I put it to good use. Here are the things I've done:

Went to the Medicare center and got my new Medicare card because my dirty immigrant interim version had expired. Almost wasn't able to get it because I don't carry my visa around with me, but then I explained how my new card was sent to our last house, where another dirty immigrant now lives and he obviously didn't forward it. She bought my story, and low and behold, somewhere in their system this American was eligible for a full-fledged Medicare card.

Also got $100 back from doctor visits throughout the year while I was there. Shazzam!

Booked in for my Taxes (2 year's worth!) for this afternoon. Went around and found end of year statements for the bajillion different employer's I've had during that time span. (Next on list, American taxes.)

Watched my beloved laptop of 3 years die. Took it in to a Clinic for electronics. Currently waiting on quote for parts but all I know is that my LCD screen is shot, I'll need a new one, and I'm contemplating taking what I'd spend on that and putting it towards either a Sony or a Mac.

Made a great chicken salad with real live (or dead) fresh fruit and veggies!

Got blinds in our 3 bedrooms installed. No more newspaper window coverings for us!

And finally, but quite pitifully, confronted my fear of sitting at a desk top and wrote this blog entry in the haunted back study in our house.

Comments

Arizaphale said…
So was there any resting involved?????
A Free Man said…
Man, I want a doctor mandated week off work.

Popular Posts