Bangers and Beans on Toast: I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so.

The evening meal alone at home... and what do I turn to?
A slightly sexier version of my husband's favorite fall-back: Heinz beans out of a can, on toast. It is hearty, warm and quick though.


Smoky Baked Beans
1 onion, chopped
2 x 150g chorizo sausages, chopped
400g can butter or lima beans, drained and rinsed
400ml tomato passata
1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
cracked black pepper
buttered toast, to serve

Heat a medium frying pan over high heat. Add onion and chorizo and cook for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add beans, passata, stock and parprika and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Stir in pepper and serve with toast. Serves 2.

Comments

Suzer said…
I lurve beans on toast. I love the beans out of a can, even. This is one food the Brits just do right;)
Arizaphale said…
What happened to opening a can of beans and chopping in some leftover snags from the bbq last night? I mean, paprika? Stock???? Are you trying to make me hyperventilate girl? mind you, I'd certainly eat it..

Now, I have photos for you. Email me so I can send them on.

carolyn@jaba.com.au

Popular Posts