Porcini Risotto and Apricot, Chocolate and Hazelnut Meringue


I save my Jamie Oliver books for weekends when I have TIME to cook.

His books and recipes are beautiful, beautiful things, but all the ones I've tried definitely take time and effort, yet yield worthwhile results.

and without further ado:

His Grilled Mushroom Risotto




Is there a way to make risotto other than stirring constantly for 45 minutes while putting ladle after ladle of stock into the arborio grains? I know not, but it certainly yields nice results. (Just don't try to bring this to a dinner party because this is something that is best eaten right after it's made, it can not be resuscitated.)

and mine:






On to the meringue, the beautiful beautiful meringue.....




The base: next time I will make this thicker as the lovely squishy part inside was a bit too thin for my liking, but the recipe said to make an A4 size (thank god I know what that is, bloody Australia) so I did.


The one you've been waiting for:



Sadly, I don't really like the apricots in this, but it's still amazingly delicious. I add banana to mine. Next time I'll do banana instead, and maybe pear as the recipe suggests.

The chocolate sauce is made with pear juice and ginger slices melted in 70% chocolate.

(Are you hungry?!)

The cream is double cream mixed with vanilla pod seeds and icing sugar.

(I just got some cellulite writing that.)

The hazelnuts add the perfect crunch.








Comments

Maya said…
With pear season just around the corner I am going to have to give the meringue a go. I'm not a fan of canned fruit so probably poach some fresh fruit.

Popular Posts