What I did on the long weekend....

1) Relaxed, saw Mao's Last Dancer
2) 3 homework assignments for my makeup course including a 15 page cosmetic chemistry research assignment and 20+ slide powerpoint presentation.
3) Lamented that Rundle Mall wasn't open on Labour day for shopping purposes.
and...
4) Baked!

First was a rhubarb and strawberry tart of my own design, on a sour dough (store-bought) crust, accompanied by mascarpone cheese mixed with powdered sugar and lemon peel. I'd never had rhubarb before but it looked delicious, and indeed it was. Nice and tart but cut by the sweet creamy cheese.



Then it was an eggplant, parmesan, and ricotta bake. The filling had eggs and basil as well. It was sort of like an eggplant lasagna quiche.

Doing one of the eggplant layers...


Comments

Arizaphale said…
I am always so impressed by your cooking. Especially the way you take an idea and innovate upon it! The rhubarb tart sounds great. Being a secret Anglaise i grew up on rhubarb and it takes me back to my childhood. The combination with marscapone sounds mmmmmmmmm
Himself made a spanakopita (spelled?) this weekend, a little like your eggplant lasagne quiche (:-D) but with filo pastry. Highly recommended.
What did you think of Mao's Last dancer?
DanYells said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Free Man said…
You've never had rhubarb? You really are a Southern girl, aren't you?
DanYells said…
Is rhubarb a northern thing or what? I've had tacos made out of cow face before but not rhubarb, if that makes me Southern...
Cassie Jean said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DanYells said…
when I get the time :)

Popular Posts